It starts early, in February, with the Carnival, then the Art Biennale, the performances of the Biennale College of Dance and Theatre Festival and the red carpet at the Venice Film Festival, ending in October with the Music Festival.
Below the schedule of events:
- International Carnival: 31 January -> February 17
- 56th International Art Exhibition: May 9 -> November 22
- Biennale College – Dance: 24 -> June 28
- International Theatre Festival: July 31 -> August 9
- 72° Venice International Film Festival: 2 -> September 12
- International Festival of Contemporary Music: 2 -> October 11
The Venice Biennale is the flagship event of the cultural life in town.
2015 will be also the year of the big event Expo. In Venice will open May 3rd 2015, two days after Milan Expo 2015, which is collateral, Aquae Venice 2015 international exhibition dedicated to water. It will be held for six months, until October 2015, in the new multi-purpose hall built for the occasion near Venice.
Goal of Aquae Venice 2015: telling, represent and witness the excellence of research and business, symbolic and concrete values water-related. Aquae 2015 achieves this effect by an interactive and multisensory journey through the topics related to agriculture and industry, health and welfare, leisure and job.
In order to plan your visit to Venice, entrusted to the experience of Tourism in Venice: guided services, assistance, boat transportation and accommodation.